If you are interested in pursuing a career in nursing, one of the options you can consider is becoming a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) or Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN). LPNs and LVNs are entry-level nurses who provide basic and specialized care to patients under the supervision of Registered Nurses (RNs) and physicians. They work in various health care settings, such as hospitals, nursing homes, clinics, and home health care facilities. To become an LPN or LVN, you will need to complete a practical nursing program that is accredited by a reputable organization and pass a national licensure exam. On this page, you will find some useful resources to help you learn more about the LPN or LVN career path, such as:
- National Association for Practical Nurse Education and Service (NAPNES): This is the oldest organization for practical and vocational nurses in the U.S. It offers information on education, certification, advocacy, and networking for LPNs and LVNs.
- National Federation of Licensed Practical Nurses (NFLPN): This is another professional organization for LPNs and LVNs that provides membership benefits, continuing education, publications, awards, and scholarships.
- RN.org: A provider of online nursing continuing education courses for over 20 years, serving more than 1,125,000 nursing professionals who have completed over 4,194,000 courses. The website offers unlimited courses for a flat fee, instant grading, and certificates, with no hidden costs or fees. They also provides courses for other healthcare professionals and offers discounts for organizations. RN.org is a State Board Approved provider, and it automatically reports course completions electronically to CE Broker.
- Indeed.com: An online guide that provides information on the LPN or LVN profession, such as skills, resume tips, interview questions, and job opportunities.
- NCLEX-PN: The NCLEX-PN is a national exam that measures the entry-level competencies of candidates who want to become Licensed Practical Nurses (LPNs) or Licensed Vocational Nurses (LVNs) in the United States. The exam is administered by the National Council of State Boards of Nursing (NCSBN) and is required by individual state boards of nursing for licensure.
- GiveTaxFree.org: Non-profit crowd fundraising site that helps people raise funds for various purposes, including medical bills, food, housing, and emergency travel. The funds received are tax-free and donors can receive a tax deduction, making it a unique platform compared to other crowdfunding sites. The site has certain criteria for approving campaigns, and through social media sharing, fundraisers can reach people beyond their personal networks.