Here are some common interview questions that may be asked during an interview for a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) position:
- Why did you choose nursing as a career?
- What qualities do you have that make you a good fit for this position?
- Describe a time when you provided excellent patient care.
- How do you handle difficult or challenging patients?
- How do you handle a situation when you are asked to do something that you feel is unethical or unsafe?
- How do you prioritize your tasks and responsibilities?
- What do you do to stay current on best practices in nursing?
- Describe a time when you had to work as part of a team to achieve a common goal.
- How do you handle conflict or disagreement with a coworker or supervisor?
- What are your long-term career goals in nursing?
It’s a good idea to prepare for these types of questions by reviewing your resume and reflecting on your past experiences and accomplishments as a nurse. It’s also helpful to think about how your skills and values align with the values and mission of the organization you are interviewing with.